Monday, April 27, 2009

This week!

I am working on weight loss. I know, what blogging mom isn't you ask? I know I am not original but I do need a space in which I can be accountable so I am putting my goals down and I am doing it publicly, at least publicly if you consider that anybody could read this blog. I am well aware that many are not :) So I ma doing a 4 week jump start. Summer would be most peoples excuse but my motivation is actually different. First, in 2 weeks, I am giving a party for some great women in my life at a fancy jean shop where the cheapest pair is $150. I am not about to squeeze into a pair of jeans and pay that kind of money unless I am comfortably in my normal size and trending down. Right now, I am uncomfortably in my normal size and trending up. So action needs to be taken...quickly.

Next, I am headed to Europe for three weeks in June and I will need as much proactive activity to stave off what will surely be great temptations while I am away. So, here are my goals for this week in my 4-week kick off:

1.) No alcohol for two weeks and limit caffeine to one drink a day at the most.
2.)Exercise 4 days this week including trying new boot camp that I have been talking about for months.
3.)Focus on feeling full, slow down at meal times, chew and enjoy food and try to recognize signals before I need to unbutton my pants.
4.)Seek out support from a friend who will ask and attempt to hold me accountable.

My reward should I accept this challenge in the first week? I will treat myself to a new haircut for the jean party next week. I will be sure to turn some heads after my cut/color/jean purchase :) At the very least I will turn my husband's when he sees how much is spent on that entire endeavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment